Adding Reverse DNS Support to Webalizer

Posted on Friday, the 12th of February, 2010.

I recently had to reinstall Webalizer from source, after some conflicts necessitated removing the existing Yum-installed version. I ran into some problems in that the new installation of Webalizer wasn't performing reverse DNS lookups on visitor IP addresses - something it's usually happy to do. Searching the web was strangely fruitless, even though it seems to be a reasonably common issue, so here's a quick writeup of the problem and what I did to fix it.

Comments

Posted by Thomas Heiss on Friday, the 18th of June, 2010.

Hi,

thanks for your tip. Was running into the same problem this evening.

I resolved it with this on Debian Lenny (5.0.2):
apt-get install libdb-dev

Posted by Erik on Sunday, the 1st of December, 2013.

Thank you, this helped me!

Enter your comment: